Studio A is our large multipurpose studio space, equipped to host rehearsals, classes and small studio showings.
- Large sprung floor, with grey harlequin studio flooring (not suitable for heels, tap or flamenco shoes)
- L-shaped room 14.5m x 7.4m/9.4m + storage space (122sqm) – max capacity 30 people
- Mirrored back wall
- Back wall curtain coverings of black and white via double track.
- Sound system with aux cord (adaptors included) and USB connections via ZEDi-8 hybrid compact mixer.
- LED tv with HDMI connection.
- 4x BEAMZ led par can lights and DMX. (additional hire fee required)
- Short throw and long throw projectors. (additional hire fee required)
- Stools, collapsible chairs for showings.
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning.
Hire rates for artists working independently, without any secured financial support (for example government funding, commissions or patronage.) This could include solo rehearsals; research or creative development time; class preparation; solo training; or content creation.*^
Small group of artists (2-5 people)
Hire rates for a group of between 2 and 5 people, without any secured financial support (for example government funding, commissions or patronage) or where no money is earned from the activity. This could include small unpaid group rehearsals; unpaid research or creative development time; unpaid small group training; or unpaid content creation.*^
Group of artists (6-20 people)
Hire rates for a group of between 6 and 20 people, without any secured financial support (for example government funding, commissions or patronage) or where no money is earned from the activity. This could include unpaid group rehearsals; unpaid research or creative development time; unpaid group training; or unpaid content creation.*^
Individual or group of up to 20 artists with funding, or where activity is generating income to the hirer
Hire rates for one or more artists working in the studio space where there is financial investment in the activity (for example government funding, commissions or patronage) or the person booking the space is charging people to join them. This could include a funded creative development or residency project; a public class, competition, or showcase rehearsal where participants are being charged to participate; or for dance auditions.*
Groups of 21 or more, commercial or private activity
Hire rates for hirers using the studios where the activity involves 21 or more people (Studio A only), or for non-dance activity, such as for photography shoots; seminars; screenings; private gatherings; auditions where there are greater than 21 registrations (Studio A only); writers talks; book launches etc.*+
* all hirers agree to our terms and conditions when making a booking
* rates of hire are for use of the studio space and sound equipment only, LED lights can be hired at an additional rate of $4 per hour and projectors for a flat rate of $50 per booking
^ for unfunded activities with 20 or less people, hirers can access a 30% discount on rates by becoming a DMC Community Member
+ for commercial, private or large group hirers, a representative from LOT7 will contact you for further information to assess the suitability of your hire once a booking has been made. Please note that the capacity for Studio B is restricted to small groups of people, therefore it is not suitable for events, only small private activity such as photography shoots. We reserve the right to reject a booking if it is deemed unsuitable, issuing the hirer with an immediate and full refund of their booking.