Studio B is our smaller studio space, suitable for solo practice, film showings and photography shoots or small cast rehearsals.
- Black tarkett on floating floor (suitable for heels, tap and flamenco shoes)
- 8.7 x 3.6m (31sqm) – max capacity 8 people
- Thick, black, velvet wall curtains on a moveable track, covering three walls
- Bluetooth compatible, UE boom speaker
- Short throw and long throw projectors. (additional hire fee required)
- 4x BEAMZ led par can lights and DMX. (additional hire fee required)
- Stools, collapsible chairs for showings.
Individual artist rate
Hire rates for artists working independently, without any secured financial support (for example government funding, commissions or patronage.) This could include solo research or creative development time, class preparation, solo training or content creation*
Group of artists rate
Hire rates for artists working independently, without any secured financial support (for example government funding, commissions or patronage.) This could include solo research or creative development time, class preparation, solo training or content creation*+
Individual or group of artists with funding, or where activity is generating income to the hirer
Hire rates for one or more artists working in the studio space where there is financial investment in the activity (for example government funding, commissions or patronage) or the person booking the space is charging people to join them. This could include a funded creative development or residency project, a public class where participants are being charged to participate, or for dance auditions.
NB: if using Studio A, this rate applies for a maximum of 20 participants, when classes or auditions exceed 20 participants, hirers rates are an additional $3 per person over 20 people, capped at 30 participants (e.g. 30 people = $44 per hour + $30 [10 extra people x $3 each])*
Commercial or private activity
Hire rates for hirers using the studios for non-arts activity, such as for photography shoots, seminars, screenings, private gatherings, auditions where there are greater than 30 registrations, writers talks, book launches etc.*
* rates of hire are for use of the studio space and sound equipment only, LED lights can be hired at an additional rate of $4 per hour and projectors for a flat rate of $50 per booking
For DMC Members the following rates will be applied when your booking is confirmed:
||Individual artist rate (unfunded)
|Group of artists (unfunded)
|4 (half day)
|8 (full day)